[rat-forum] Career opportunities at Proteome, Inc.

Brian Davis bpd at proteome.com
Mon Dec 20 21:13:06 CST 1999

Proteome Inc. is a rapidly growing, dynamic company that is dedicated to

providing high-quality, comprehensively curated

databases to the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries, as well as to

the academic research community.  We work at the

forefront of the bioinformation revolution, integrating genomic data with

data from the published literature.  See our Web site

at http://www.proteome.com

Proteome employees work in an energetic and intellectually stimulating

environment.  Our positions of Scientific Curator and

Database Editor are unique.  We offer competitive salaries and benefits,

and excellent opportunities for advancement in our

expanding company. In addition, Proteome's job options -- working full or

part time, either on site or remotely via the

internet -- offer maximum personal flexibility.  Proteome Inc. encourages

diversity in its workplace and is an equal

opportunity employer.

Job Openings

Scientific Curator:

Proteome, Inc. is seeking full-time and part-time Scientific Curators to

collect and integrate protein information for

multispecies databases. Successful candidates will have an opportunity to

work in a broad range of topics that is unparalleled in

academia or in industry.  Candidates must have a PhD and specific training

or laboratory experience in mammalian, yeast,

fungal or other model systems. Candidates must have excellent writing

skills and demonstrate knowledge of a wide spectrum

of topics in cell biology or related fields.  A strong interest in

organizing biological information is an asset. Opportunities

exist for advancement to the position of Scientific Editor as well as to

other positions of responsibility within Proteome, Inc.

Database Editor:

Proteome, Inc. is seeking full-time and part-time Database Editors to

develop and oversee the construction of protein

databases. Successful candidates will work with comprehensive data sets

that are derived from both genomic and classical

experiments and fully describe our current understanding of cell and

organismal biology.  Candidates must have a PhD and

specific training or laboratory experience in mammalian, yeast, fungal or

other model systems. Candidates must demonstrate

knowledge of a broad range of topics in cell biology or related fields.

Excellent writing skills, an eye for detail, and a strong

interest in organizing biological information are required.  Candidates

must have good problem-solving abilities and must be

capable of overseeing the work of several Scientific Curators. Computer

skills, including familiarity with the UNIX

environment and with SQL and Perl, are an asset but are not necessary.

Opportunities exist for advancement to other positions

of responsibility within Proteome, Inc.

Please send your CV to:

Rebecca Holbrook

PROTEOME INC.

100 Cummings Center

Suite 435M

Beverly, MA 01915

FAX (978) 922-3971

rgh at proteome.com

Regards,

Brian P. Davis, Ph.D.    Director, Database Development

PROTEOME INC.                        TEL (978) 922-1643

100 Cummings Center                  FAX (978) 922-3971

Suite 435M                       Email bpd at proteome.com

Beverly, MA 01915	    WWW http://www.proteome.com

[...]

or other model systems. Candidates must demonstrate

Suite 435M                       Email bpd at proteome.com