[rat-forum] Re: Precious blood ...

Ken Boschert ken at dcm.wustl.edu
Tue May 18 11:54:42 CDT 1999

A good alternative to retro-orbital bleeding, particularly for serial

samples, is described and demonstrated at the following web page:

http://www.uib.no/vivariet/mou_blood/Blood_coll_mice_.html

I'm sure the technique can be adapted to rats.  Overall, it is better for the

animal and the animal handler.

Ken

--

Ken Boschert, DVM * Washington University

<ken at dcm.wustl.edu> * <http://netvet.wustl.edu/>