[rat-forum] Re: Use of medetomidine

Thomas J. Gill gilliii at massmed.org
Mon Apr 23 11:55:48 CDT 2001

At 03:41 PM 04/23/2001  0200, you wrote:

>  suggest that you explore the use of halothane for anesthesia in

> rats.  It is quick, safe and effective.

Tom Gill

>ve problems using ketamine as anaesthetic in rats since new laws about

>this drug in Italy. I would like to know if anyone of you has experience

>with  medetomidine as single anaesthetic agent in rats.

>I found out its use mixed with fetanyl but anything about its use alone or

>mixed with benzodiazepines.

>Besides I was not able to find out the generic name of Avertin.

>Thanks in advance for your help

>Gianluca Colucci

>Department of surgery

>University of Verona

Thomas J. Gill III, M.D.

64 Pond Road

Duxbury, MA  02332-4801

Tel: (781) 934-7348

Fax: (781) 934-7130

email: gilliii at massmed.org

--=====================_6248085==_.ALT

At 03:41 PM 04/23/2001  0200, you wrote:<br>

explore the use of halothane for anesthesia in rats.&nbsp; It is quick,

Tom Gill<br>

problems using ketamine as anaesthetic in rats since new laws about this

drug in Italy. I would like to know if anyone of you has experience

with&nbsp; medetomidine as single anaesthetic agent in rats.

I found out its use mixed with fetanyl but anything about its use alone

or mixed with benzodiazepines.</b><br>

Besides I was not able to find out the generic name of Avertin.</b><br>

&nbsp;<br>

&nbsp;<br>

Department of surgery</b><br>