[rat-forum] Re: Use of medetomidine

Jorge Sztein jsztein at ncifcrf.gov
Mon Apr 23 12:22:18 CDT 2001

>Avertin is the generic name, the anesthetic is the combination of 10 g of

>tribromoethanol with 10 g of tertiary amyl alcohol. A 2.5% solution of

>this combination is the avertin.

Jorge Sztein

>At 03:41 PM 04/23/2001  0200, you wrote:

>>  suggest that you explore the use of halothane for anesthesia in

>> rats.  It is quick, safe and effective.

>Tom Gill

>>ve problems using ketamine as anaesthetic in rats since new laws about

>>this drug in Italy. I would like to know if anyone of you has experience

>>with  medetomidine as single anaesthetic agent in rats.

>>I found out its use mixed with fetanyl but anything about its use alone

>>or mixed with benzodiazepines.

>>Besides I was not able to find out the generic name of Avertin.

>>Thanks in advance for your help

>>Gianluca Colucci

>>Department of surgery

>>University of Verona

>Thomas J. Gill III, M.D.

>64 Pond Road

>Duxbury, MA  02332-4801

>Tel: (781) 934-7348

>Fax: (781) 934-7130

>email: gilliii at massmed.org

--=====================_336744206==_.ALT

the conbination of 10 g of tribromoethanol with 10 g of tertiary amyl

alcohol. A 2.5% solution of theis conbination is the

avertin.</blockquote><br>

Jorge Sztein<br>

explore the use of halothane for anesthesia in rats.&nbsp; It is quick,

Tom Gill<br>

problems using ketamine as anaesthetic in rats since new laws about this

drug in Italy. I would like to know if anyone of you has experience

with&nbsp; medetomidine as single anaesthetic agent in rats.

I found out its use mixed with fetanyl but anything about its use alone

or mixed with benzodiazepines.<br>

Besides I was not able to find out the generic name of Avertin.<br>

&nbsp;<br>

&nbsp;<br>

Department of surgery<br>

University of Verona</blockquote><br>