[rat-forum] Re: [rat-forum] RE: A How much allelic pleomorphism is seen in an inbred strain?

Thomas Herrmann herrmann-t at vim.uni-wuerzburg.de
Tue Mar 18 13:21:08 CST 2003

Dear Colleagues

I just followed your interesting discussion on inbreding and heterozygosity. Just one unrelated point which came to my mind.

In the last notice a F344 Fisher rat has been mentioned. Such a strain doesn´t exist although it appears in the literature. The correct spelling is F344 Fischer, which to my knowledge has been generated from the 344 cross of a breeder called Fischer (which indeed means fisher in German).

best regards

Thomas

Thomas Herrmann, PhD

Associate Professor