[rat-forum] Still Time to Register for New Genetic and Metabolic Insights into Animal Models of Diabetes, June 17-21

Judi Medlin judi.medlin at jax.org
Tue May 6 15:21:21 CDT 2003

There is still time to register for the 9th annual Lessons Learned from Animal Models of Diabetes conference to be held at The Regency Hotel on the waterfront in Bar Harbor Maine June 17-21, 2003, entitled  New Genetic and Metabolic Insights into Animal Models of Diabetes.

The meeting objective is to gain a better understanding of the etiology, pathophysiology, and treatment of Type 1 diabetes (T1D), Type 2 diabetes (T2D), and the complications common to both. Speakers have been selected to provide a balanced program, ranging from the theoretical and practical aspects of developing and using rodent models, to their validation, acceptance and distribution. One of the most important objectives of the meeting is to bring new models of diabetic complications to the attention of the diabetes research community and to facilitate distribution of such models. Over 50 speakers will make presentations in two tracks: Type 1 and Type 2.  The speaker list and other meeting details are posted online at

http://www.jax.org/courses/lad03.html

A link to easy & convenient online registration is provided at the meeting web page, payment can be made either on or offline to suit your needs.

Abstract Deadline Extended for short platform talk consideration: May 17, 2003.  Please forward an abstract via email attachment to my attention if you are interested in presenting a short talk.  Abstracts for the poster session are also invited and should be submitted by the same deadline, May 17. Please indicate in your email if you would like to be considered for a talk, the poster session, or both.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have questions or concerns.  I apologize if you have already registered or if you are a speaker, but this message was sent via listservers and I could not be selective in the delivery.

Have a wonderful day and thank you for your time,

Judi Alexander

Lead Coordinator, Courses and Conferences

The Jackson Laboratory

600 Main Street

Bar Harbor, ME 04609

Phone:  207-288-6326